- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green onion
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. reserved sauce mixture
- 2 drops orange YL vitality essential oil
- 1 drop lemon YL vitality essential oil
- 1 drop ginger YL vitality essential oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp. sesame oil
- Pour water, orange juice, lemon juice, rice vinegar, and soy sauce into a saucepan, and set over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the brown sugar, garlic, green onion, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- In a resalable plastic bag, mix the flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chicken pieces, seal the bag, and shake to coat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place chicken into the skillet, and brown on both sides.
- Drain on a plate lined with paper towels, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Wipe out the skillet, and add the sauce.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Mix together the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of reserved sauce; then stir into the sauce.
- Add orange and ginger essential oils. Reduce heat to medium low, add the chicken pieces, and simmer, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over brown rice with a side of broccoli for a healthy, delicious dinner.
** to make this a gluten free version substitute amino acids for soy sauce.
** Instead of coating the chicken with flour, Saute chicken in skillet after salt and peppering the meat.
** In place of the flour, you could use crushed dehydrated Walla Walla onions to coat the chicken pieces. This adds another flavor layer which my family loves!